Robert (Bob) Anton Lepold Sr., 72, of Naylor, Missouri, passed away on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at his home in Naylor. Mr. Lepold was born on July 9, 1945 in Naylor. He worked as a farmer and emjoyed fishing and hunting. Robert was member of he Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Poplar Bluff. He was a veteran of the United States Army having served in Vietnam and a member of the American Legion.
On August 29, 1969 Robert was married to Brenda Kay Averhart in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. She survives.
Also surviving are two sons; Robert Anton Lepold Jr. and wife Nicki, Jeffery Scott Lepold and wife Kristie, Three sisters; Betty Tharp and husband Roger, MaryAnn Hollenberg and husband Hank, Kathy Spradling and husband Steve, one brother, Jim Lepold and wife Theresa and six grandchildren; Tony, Emma, Ebby, Carley, Lexie and Ella.
Robert was preceded in death by his parents, Anton Jr. and Mary Lepold; and grandparents, Anton Sr. and Anna Lepold, and Josephine and Joe Raucker.
Visitation for Robert will be Sunday September 24, 2017 starting at 2:00 p.m. till 5:00 the Fowler-Sullivan Memorial Chapel of Neelyville. Funeral will be Monday starting at 12:00 p.m. in the Chapel. Burial will be in the Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Missouri. Pat Gargac will be officiating.
In Lieu of flowers family request that memorials be made to the Naylor School or Shriners Childrens Hospital.

Devine Intervention
wrote by: Bob Lepold
in August 2017

I feel I should tell my story to all. these events happened 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 5 months I was taking treatments for cancer at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas. I was taking treatment at Houston and getting care there as well as at Cape.
I assure you no part of this was a dream.
In January 2015 I was diagnosed with Mantel Cell Lymphoma. They told me this was a very aggressive cancer, but treatable at the time. This was the time that God came into my life. There was no body image, no puff of smoke, no hand signal, nor a voice.
There was a peace like no other that came over me. I can not find words to really describe this peace. I had to take treatments for 5 months. I had to take four treatments 5 days straight once a month. There was a point during this time, I was standing there, and to my right was very ugly wall about 10 inches thick by 8 feet tall. This wall was my cancer! It looked like tarnished copper. To my left was a beautiful clean 4 inch pipe rail that seemed endless. It looked like lightly textured stainless steel.
I had to have help figuring this all out. Tell you later, read on.
I took these four treatments, 5 days straight once a month. On the 5th treatment I was set up to continue this same treatment schedule, same as above. I had to have a CAT scan though. It showed the cancer was gone!!! Some time during this time, the peace was gone though. For some reason I didn’t tell my wife until it was all over.
In January 2016, I had another CAT scan that showed the cancer was back. I was lying in bed one night wide awake as I do. It was 2:00-3:00 am. This is when it hit me, It came to me, very Strongly that the pipe rail was something to lean on.
This is very true! I lived It!
Robert A. Lepold

Contacts for donations
Naylor School
Rt 62 box 512
Naylor, Missouri 63953
Phone 573-399 2505

Shriners Children Hospital
4400 Clayton Ave.
St. Louis, Missouri
Attn: Donation Department